Page 67, Ex.1,a
1.I can’t afford to buy the new U2 CD this month.
2.I want to be a rock star.
3.I’ve decided to study engineering at university.
4. I must to give Jenny a birthday present.
5.I don’t mind to get up early during the week, but not at the weekend.
6. Sorry, I’m late. I stopped to check my email at the café.
7.I stopped drinking milk years ago.
1.If I lived by the beach, I would go surfing every day.
2. If we had a bigger house, I would not share a bedroom.
3.She would be healthier if she did some exercise.
4.We wouldn’t be lost if we had a map.
5. If he didn’t talk so quickly, I would understand him better.
6.What would you buy if you wan lots of money?
- My computer’s too slow.
I wish I had a faster computer
2.I’m too short. I wish I were a taller.
3. I don’t understand understand physics. If only my teacher expland well.
4.My football team are bottom of the league. I wish my team were in the top.
5.I have to finish this tonight. If only my exercises were few.
- This is a great meal and it doesn’t need a lot of preparation.
- He has the perfect imagination for writing stories.
- Going to the cinema is my favorite from of entertainment.
- J.K Rowling is rich thanks to the popularity of Harry Potter.
- I always remember my grandmother for her kindness,
- From his reaction, I don’t think he was very happy.
- Get away with it.
- Do community service
2. If you don’t get caught, then you get away with it.
3. One example of do community service is cleaning up a dirty neighbourhood.
4. You are usually arson for very serious crimes.
5.Stealing sweets from a supermarkets shelf is break the law.