Exercise on If Clauses
Complete the sentences.
- If your conditions are competitive, we ( shall place) an order.
- If I had more time, I ( shall do) a course in business English.
- If we had known more about their culture, negotiating (be) easier.
- If you (customize) your CV, your chances of getting a job will be better.
- We (shall cancel) our order if you don’t deliver the goods by Friday.
- If Brittany (speak) better English, she would apply for a job abroad.
- If you (tell) me about the problem, I would have helped you.
- I (let) you know if I weren’t satisfied.
- If you execute the order carelessly, they (place / not) another order with you in the future.
- If I were you, I (worry / not) about the presentation.
1. Many rock stars say the real thrill is that they enjoy (watching) by thousands of adoring fans.
2. Your car is a death trap. It (should send) to the scrap yard years ago!
3. I’m sorry this office is so dirty but it can’t (clean) until tomorrow morning at the earliest.
4. Any teacher who hits a student should (sack) immediately.
5. John’s big dream is that he wants (discover) by a big time music producer.
6. (rob) in the street is a terrifying experience indeed.
7. The factory is losing a lot of money every week and (shut) next Thursday.
8. But it might (save) if we make an appeal to the local bank.
9. Before (recycle), glass bottles are thoroughly washed and the labels removed.
10. Jak was fired from the local car wash because, even though he hadn’t paid, he let his friend’s car (wash).
5. Drag the words into the correct boxes.1. At school I was good at two subjects, French and Spanish, so I ………..
2. I was a good student and my essays were always ………..
3. I studied really hard and attended …………….
4. When it was time for exams, I ……………
5. After three years, I received an average …………….
which was a great result( Revised for weeks, handed in, Grade of A, all my lectures, took them both).